Why repeat it AGAIN??
Slytherin!Harry AU (x)
#slytherin harry would have been the ultimate choice from an authorial perspective #the chosen one coming out of a house disgraced by racism and the dark arts #a living testament to the fact that slytherin house is the fast track to greatness and that good or evil is a CHOICE #also harry already had a brush with slytherin during his sorting and can speak parseltongue and all that awesome stuff #because lets be real harry is brave as hell but hes also cunning, determined to survive #a little duplicitous #and thrives on praise #slytherin harry could be besties with ron AND close to draco #he could break down interhouse prejudice and be the bright light in a noble house that has fallen into darkness #he could put an end to the honestly awful griffyndor/slytherin bullying that GOES BOTH WAYS because screw this idea that you have to choose a side, that you have to compete with people who are different than you #and he could struggle with his inner demons the whole time #because characters that could easily go bad who get up every day choosing to be good will always be more important to me than inherently good ones
#SLYTHERIN HARRY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT REIMAGINING OF CANON#not just because of what it means for harry but because of what it means for slytherin house as a whole#and the individuals in harry’s year#death eater parents‚ best friends with the saviour of the wizarding world#torn between familial loyalty and friendship#choosing between what they were taught and what they’ve learnt for themselves
- (I am working late at night in a 24-hour pharmacy. There are only three customers in the store: a scruffy but clean young couple and another gentleman. The woman in the young couple is very heavily pregnant, and her partner is picking up the range of baby hats we carry and holding them up against her stomach, then looking at the prices and sadly putting them back. They pick up a packet of the cheapest pain medication we carry and bring it to the counter.)
- Female Customer: “I’m sorry, but can you please ask the pharmacist if these are safe for me to take?”
- Me: “Of course!”
- (While we’re waiting for the pharmacist to come out, they tell me they’re expecting their daughter any day now. The pharmacist has been watching the young couple since they came in.)
- Pharmacist: “These are fine, but can I ask why you need them?”
- Female Customer: “Oh, I have a horrible cough that’s making my back ache even worse. I can’t get to sleep.”
- (The pharmacist goes through a list of cough medicines safe for her to take, before the young man shakes his head with tears in his eyes.)
- Male Customer: “I’m sorry, I’ve just lost my job and we really can’t afford any of those. Sorry for wasting your time.”
- Pharmacist: “That’s okay, but this packet is damaged, and legally I can’t let you take it. Seeing as it was the last one, let me and [my name] go look in the back for some more.”
- (The pharmacist takes me out the back, where he puts three packets of name brand painkillers, four bottles of name brand cough syrup, a wheat bag for her back, a tin of formula, a packet of newborn nappies and a few of the hats the couple was looking at into a box. He hands me the box and tells me to take it out to them. I do and they both burst into tears, thanking us over and over again. They leave with huge smiles on their faces.)
- Female Customer: “Thank you again!”
- Other Customer: “I’m sorry, I couldn’t help but over hear. Did you say you just lost your job at [local company]?”
- Male Customer: “Yes, I was an IT tech.”
- Other Customer: “I own [other computer store in the area], and I’m looking for a new tech. Can you start tomorrow?”
- (There were tears all round that night. A week later, the young woman brought in her beautiful daughter and a giant batch of cupcakes for the pharmacy staff. Best night at work ever!)
- <p> faith in humanity restored !!</p>
when i have a crush on someone i can never tell if they have a mutual crush on me or if i’m just noticing and exaggerating every bit of attention i’m getting from them and amplifying it into something it’s not
- Wow my post has gone up so many notes in such a small amount of time. I really hope this helps you guys and you really do use this a reference when needed. (boys-and-suicide)
- 1. We would miss you.
- 2. It’s not worth the regret. Either by yourself if you failed or just simply left scars, or the regret everyone else feels by not doing enough to help you.
- 3. It does get better. Believe it or not it will eventually get better. Sometimes you have to go through the storm to get to the rainbow.
- 4. There’s so much you would miss out on doing.
- 5. There is always a reason to live. It might not be clear right now, but it is always there.
- 6. So many people care, and it would hurt them if you hurt yourself.
- 7. You ARE worth it. Don’t let anyone, especially yourself, tell you otherwise.
- 8. You are amazing.
- 9. A time will come, once you’ve battled the toughest times of your life and are in ease once again, where you will be so glad that you decided to keep on living. You will emerge stronger from this all, and won’t regret your choice to carry on with life. Because things always get better.
- 10. What about all the things you’ve always wanted to do? What about the things you’ve planned, but never got around to doing? You can’t do them when you’re dead.
- 11. I love you. Even if only one person loves you, that’s still a reason to stay alive.
- 12. You won’t be able to listen to music if you die.
- 13. Killing yourself is never worth it. You’ll hurt both yourself and all the people you care about.
- 14. There are so many people that would miss you, including me.
- 15. You’re preventing a future generation, YOUR KIDS, from even being born.
- 16. How do you think your family would feel? Would it improve their lives if you died?
- 17. You’re gorgeous, amazing, and to someone you are perfect.
- 18. Think about your favourite music artist, you’ll never hear their voice again…
- 19. You’ll never have the feeling of walking into a warm building on a cold day
- 20. Listening to incredibly loud music
- 21. Being alive is just really good.
- 22. Not being alive is really bad.
- 23. Finding your soulmate.
- 24. Red pandas
- 25. Going to diners at three in the morning.
- 26. Really soft pillows.
- 27. Eating pizza in New York City.
- 28. Proving people wrong with your success.
- 29. Watching the jerks that doubted you fail at life.
- 30. Seeing someone trip over a garbage can.
- 31. Being able to help other people.
- 32. Bonfires.
- 33. Sitting on rooftops.
- 34. Seeing every single country in the world.
- 35. Going on roadtrips.
- 36. You might win the lottery someday.
- 37. Listening to music on a record player.
- 38. Going to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
- 39. Taking really cool pictures.
- 40. Literally meeting thousands of new people.
- 41. Hearing crazy stories.
- 42. Telling crazy stories.
- 43. Eating ice cream on a hot day.
- 44. More Harry Potter books could come out, you never know.
- 45. Travelling to another planet someday.
- 46. Having an underwater house.
- 47. Randomly running into your hero on the street.
- 48. Having your own room at a fancy hotel.
- 49. Trampolines.
- 50. Think about your favourite movie, you’ll never watch it again.
- 51. Think about the feeling of laughing out loud in a public place because your best friend has just sent you an inside joke,
- 52. Your survival will make the world better, even if it’s for just one person or 20 or 100 or more.
- 53. People do care.
- 54. Treehouses
- 55. Hanging out with your soul mate in a treehouse
- 55. Snorting when you laugh and not caring who sees
- 56. I don’t even know you and I love you.
- 57. I don’t even know you and I care about you.
- 58. Because nobody is going to be like you ever, so embrace your uniqueness!
- 59. You won’t be here to experience the first cat world emperor.
- 60. WHAT ABOUT FOOD?! YOU’LL MISS CHOCOLATE AND ALL THE OTHER NOM THINGS!
- 61. Starbucks.
- 62. Hugs.
- 63. Stargazing.
- 64. You have a purpose, and it’s up to you to find out what it is.
- 65. You’ve changed somebody’s life.
- 66. Now you could change the world.
- 67. You will meet the person that’s perfect for you.
- 68. No matter how much or how little, you have your life ahead of you.
- 69. You have the chance to save somebody’s life.
- 70. If you end your life, you’re stopping yourself from achieving great things.
- 71. Making snow angels.
- 72. Making snowmen.
- 73. Snowball fights.
- 74. Life is what you make of it.
- 75. Everybody has a talent.
- 76. Laughing until you cry.
- 77. Having the ability to be sad means you have the ability to be happy.
- 78. The world would not be the same if you didn’t exist.
- 79. Its possible to turn frowns, upside down
- 80. Be yourself, don’t take anyone’s shit, and never let them take you alive.
- 81. Heroes are ordinary people who make themselves extraordinary. Be your own hero.
- 82. Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.
- 83. One day your smile will be real.
- 84. Having a really hot, relaxing bath after a stressful day.
- 85. Lying on grass and laughing at the clouds.
- 86. Getting completely smashed with your best friends.
- 87. Eating crazy food.
- 88. Staying up all night watching your favourite films with a loved one.
- 89. Sleeping in all day.
- 90. Creating something you’re proud of.
- 91. You can look back on yourself 70 years later and being proud you didn’t commit
- 92. Being able to meet your Internet friends.
- 93. Tea / Coffee / Hot Chocolate
- 94. Sherlock season three.
- 95. Cuddling under the stars.
- 96. Being stupid in public because you just can.
- 97. If you are reading this then you are alive! Is there any more reason to smile?
- 98. being able to hug that one person you havent seen in years
- 99. People care enough about you and your future to come up with 100 reasons for you not to do this.
- 100. But, the final and most important one is, just, being able to experience life. Because even if your life doesn’t seem so great right now, literally anything could happen
- IF that isn’t enough:
- Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-8433
- LifeLine: 1-800-273-8255
- Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
- Sexuality Support: 1-800-246-7743
- Eating Disorders Hotline: 1-847-831-3438
- Rape and Sexual Assault: 1-800-656-4673
- Grief Support: 1-650-321-5272
- Runaway: 1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000
- Exhale: After Abortion Hotline/Pro-Voice: 1-866-4394253
- Child Abuse: 1-800-422-4453
- UK Helplines:
- Samaritans (for any problem): 08457909090 e-mail email@example.com
- Childline (for anyone under 18 with any problem): 08001111
- Mind infoline (mental health information): 0300 123 3393 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mind legal advice (for people who need mental-health related legal advice): 0300 466 6463 email@example.com
- b-eat eating disorder support: 0845 634 14 14 (only open Mon-Fri 10.30am-8.30pm and Saturday 1pm-4.30pm) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- b-eat youthline (for under 25’s with eating disorders): 08456347650 (open Mon-Fri 4.30pm - 8.30pm, Saturday 1pm-4.30pm)
- Cruse Bereavement Care: 08444779400 e-mail: email@example.com
- Frank (information and advice on drugs): 0800776600
- Drinkline: 0800 9178282
- Rape Crisis England & Wales: 0808 802 9999 1(open 2 - 2.30pm 7 - 9.30pm) e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rape Crisis Scotland: 08088 01 03 02 every day, 6pm to midnight
- India Self Harm Hotline: 00 08001006614
- India Suicide Helpline: 022-27546669
- Kids Help Phone (Canada): 1-800-668-6868, Free and available 24/7
- suicide hotlines;
- Argentina: 54-0223-493-0430
- Australia: 13-11-14
- Austria: 01-713-3374
- Barbados: 429-9999
- Belgium: 106
- Botswana: 391-1270
- Brazil: 21-233-9191
- China: 852-2382-0000
- (Hong Kong: 2389-2222)
- Costa Rica: 606-253-5439
- Croatia: 01-4833-888
- Cyprus: 357-77-77-72-67
- Czech Republic: 222-580-697, 476-701-908
- Denmark: 70-201-201
- Egypt: 762-1602
- Estonia: 6-558-088
- Finland: 040-5032199
- France: 01-45-39-4000
- Germany: 0800-181-0721
- Greece: 1018
- Guatemala: 502-234-1239
- Holland: 0900-0767
- Honduras: 504-237-3623
- Hungary: 06-80-820-111
- Iceland: 44-0-8457-90-90-90
- Israel: 09-8892333
- Italy: 06-705-4444
- Japan: 3-5286-9090
- Latvia: 6722-2922, 2772-2292
- Malaysia: 03-756-8144
- (Singapore: 1-800-221-4444)
- Mexico: 525-510-2550
- Netherlands: 0900-0767
- New Zealand: 4-473-9739
- New Guinea: 675-326-0011
- Nicaragua: 505-268-6171
- Norway: 47-815-33-300
- Philippines: 02-896-9191
- Poland: 52-70-000
- Portugal: 239-72-10-10
- Russia: 8-20-222-82-10
- Spain: 91-459-00-50
- South Africa: 0861-322-322
- South Korea: 2-715-8600
- Sweden: 031-711-2400
- Switzerland: 143
- Taiwan: 0800-788-995
- Thailand: 02-249-9977
- Trinidad and Tobago: 868-645-2800
- Ukraine: 0487-327715
- You will be missing out on every single wonderful thing yet to happen to you.
Can I just reblog this again because this is beautiful.
ow ow ow owowow
but the fact that this was made is so significant, so many people need to see this
Men Stop Threatening To Kill Your Daughters Boyfriends To Prove Your Masculinity and Show That Your Daughter Is Your Property 2k14
PLEASE READ AND REBLOG!!!!!
Put your car keys beside your bed at night.
Tell your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your parents, your Dr’s office, the check-out girl at the market, everyone you run across. Put your car keys beside your bed at night.
If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies.
This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator. Next time you come home for the night and you start to put your keys away, think of this: It’s a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation. Test it. It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage.
If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break into your house, odds are the burglar/rapist won’t stick around. After a few seconds, all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won’t want that. And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there. This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime.
I don’t care what your blog theme is, this can save someone’s life and needs to be spread