A brand-new steampunk-themed generator! It’s not as big as some of the previous ones since steampunk is such a specific genre, but hopefully it’ll help spark some ideas. If you do make a character with this, tag ‘characterdesigninspiration’ so I can see them!
To Play: click and drag each gif or take a screenshot of the whole thing.
“There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger!”
The Last Bookstore
Los Angeles, California
This place is on my bucket list to visit.
this is the only place i buy books from anymore ((and im going there tomorrow i need some new trashy romance novels)))
cool fact: up on the second floor, 1 book only costs $1. and the amount of cool books up there is endlessssss. so if you have $5 to spend well lucky you
This place looks, like it smells sssoooo gggoooodd
Going.Also going here!
Someone take me there and I’ll love you forever.
I’ve been there and they not only have books but little art and sewing/stitching classes and small art gallery thingies up on one of the higher floors.
Fun fact: the building used to be a bank and they have this actual vault that, if closed, will not open again and in the vault they keep all the crime novels and it’s super fucking rad
"you can’t ship that, that character has canon interaction with the opposite sex"
Essential Productivity Apps for any student:
- Caffeine- Prevents your screen from going into sleep mode. Great if you’re writing notes on an article and the screen keeps dimming, whilst you hope that if you stare long enough, the phrase “homologous ways to a view of hegemony” will start to make sense.
- Flux- If you find that you can’t sleep for ages after studying late at night, then this app is a total game changer. It basically turns the light on the screen red, because science people say that blue light keeps you awake and red light doesn’t. (*Full Disclosure* I’m not a scientist)
- Focusbar- The annoying voice of your mother nagging you to finish your homework…in app form. You can set the annoying level (I have it set on “wildly annoying”) and a bar will appear in the corner every few seconds to remind you that you’re supposed to be doing something else besides looking at cat photos.
- Microsoft Office- self explanatory, so I’ve linked to an article about life hacks for Microsoft Office instead. Because I’m just that awesome.
- Nag- Does your 5 minute study break keep turning into an hour on Youtube? Then you need Nag in your life. It’s basically an alarm/timer. But an extremely loud and annoying alarm/timer that’s very difficult to ignore. The bells genuinely sound more judgemental the longer you ignore it.
- Self Control- Also known as Cold Turkey for Microsoft users. If you absolutely cannot be trusted with an internet connection, then you need Self Control in your life. You add a list of websites to the “blacklist”and then set how long you want the app to work for, and for that duration of time you wont be able to access those website. Seriously, not even rebooting your computer or uninstalling the app will let you access the blacklist until your time is up. Tough love at its finest.
- Zotero- The new love of my life. Zotero allows you to manage all your citations and sources in one easy place. It’s an absolute life saver- no joke. There’s an in-word add in, so it will write your bibliography and citations for you in any format you want. There’s a chrome/firefox add in and a mobile app, so you don’t even have to type the citation into Zotero. Just press the button it does all the hard work for you. It even updates itself online, so you can still access your bibliography if your computer crashes. I <3 Zotero 5eva.
Dedicated to all my fellow retail employees
All of these are oh so painfully true.
THE LAST ONE HITS REALLLLY HARD
I have a story.
So my sister got run over by a car once. It was a pretty big deal. Well like a year later she got into a little fender bender and was really bent out of shape about it, so I went and got her a cake.
When I put in my order for the cake, the guy at the bakery asked, “Do you want it to say anything?”
And with a perfectly straight face, I said, “‘Sorry you got hit by a car again.’”
He narrowed his eyes a moment, then nodded and wrote it down, and took it to kitchen to get the writing done.
All the way from the back of the kitchen, I hear a woman shout, “‘Again’?!”
I made a mashup of “Whip My Hair” and “I Write Sins Not Tragedies” …
oh mY GOD
WHY DOES THIS WORK NO
This is getting close to 25,000 plays. holy shit, thanks y’all
How do you even realize this is on point?